Formed in 1965, the Police Department has grown from its original staff of one part-time officer to a 60 member, full service, internationally accredited agency.
The agency is commanded by Chief Anthony Rees and is functionally divided into three command bureaus: Operations, Investigative/Administrative, and Professional Standards. Information on agency structure and operations may be found by exploring the Bureaus link on the top navigation menu.
Greetings from Chief of Police Anthony Rees
Hello and welcome to the website of the Union Township Police Department. On behalf of the command staff and our officers we thank you for your interest in Union Township. I encourage you to browse our page, familiarize yourself with our staff and see everything that our police department has to offer the community. We are proud of our nationally accredited police department and our various outreach programs and are committed to making Union Township a safe place to live, work and raise a family.
The members of the Union Township Police Department are committed to the principles that define democracy, including the protection of constitutional rights and equal protection under the law. Members of the Union Township Police Department are expected to strive for:
- Making the maximum contribution to enhance the overall quality of life in Union Township;
- Having the courage to always fight injustice;
- Dedication to protecting the innocent and aiding those who cannot care for themselves;
- Prevention, resistance, and elimination of crime and the fear of crime;
- Fostering a relationship of genuine mutual respect with the members of the community;
- Achievement of personal and professional excellence;
- The ethical, consistent, and equitable exercise of police powers and discretion.